
So Chris and I thought that we would save money by not paying to have garbage picked up, and instead just drop it off at school in the dumpsters. The idea made lots of sense and worked fine except when we let five or six bags accumulate in the basement, providing an ideal breeding ground for a family of fruit flies. We took out the trash days ago, however we are still plagued by an abundance of the flies. Our lesson has been learned, so now it is all a matter of time to wait for the flies to die and leave us forever. I suppose now is an ideal time to create a
Drosophila genetics experiment of sorts. This guy a that I got a pic of is a wild type with red eyes and normal wings. All I need now is to cross it with a mutant with white eyes and vestigial wings :-)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home