Penobscot Narrows Bridge


This weekend, Sarah, Chris, and I ventured to Bucksport to see and walk on the new Penobscot
Narrows Bridge. Here is a picture from town of the smaller old bridge with the massive new bridge behind it. The view was impressive. Here is a pic of Fort Knox and the Bucksport paper mill. The new bridge also has an observation deck, however it is not yet open. I'm sure the view will be spectacular. On the way back to the car there was a rock shop that I've passed in the car countless times but never stopped to look in. There were some neat Maine minerals like tourmaline and others, but my favorite things were the fossils, such as some perfect trilobites and crinoids. I'll be
stopping by again in a month or so when they have some Christmas sales going on. All in all it was a fun trip. Be sure to click to enlarge the photos so you can see all the details I did.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home